11.21.2007

She's 50 but you can't tell...

Happy Birthday to my mom - she's the big 5-0!


I've picked a few of my favorite pictures of her and I wish I had more recent ones...





As you see, she was a cute kid & teenager. And she is still so cute after 50 years. Cute in looks & personality, and perfect in so many ways.

I'm so lucky to have her as my mom.
She is everything to me and our family. She is always there for us no matter what. She will drop whatever she is doing if she knows one of us needs help.
She was there in the room when Noah was born, and she's the one who had the barf tray all ready for me when I went into transition (is that what it's called? It's been 3 years and I can't remember!) Anyway my point is that she grosses out very easily but will still do things like that to help me when I need it!
I will never forget how helpful she was to me after Noah was born. She called me every day and asked "What can I do to help you today?" And she was Noah's babysitter 3 days a week for the first year or so of his life. That meant a lot to me that I had the best possible babysitter for him when I had to work - and now she helps me out with him again and is so sweet to him when he can be a little devil very often! It was so cute last week - she babysat him on my birthday and took him to get me a pedicure gift certificate. He was so proud to give it to me and I appreciate that for Noah's sake more than mine. He probably wouldn't have known a difference if he didn't have a gift for me, but he takes pride in giving me things that I like! (So thanks again Mom!)


My mom is a great daughter to my grandma. This past weekend we had a surprise luncheon for my mom's birthday, and we asked everyone to write a note to my mom. My grandma's note said something like this: "Vicki, whenever you're around, it's the best!" I thought that was so cute. My grandma's not the only one who thinks that - everyone loves to be around my mom. I hear that from so many people and I know it's true because I love to spend time with her too. She can be fun, spiritual, sympathetic, a good listener, honest, and every other quality that you would want in a best friend.


She's also the best wife to my dad. To spend a weekend (or more?) fishing with him = the best wife ever. This picture of her with the fish = the proudest husband ever. I know at one point he had it up in his office. It's probably still there!


My mom loves her family and loves having us all together. I love it too and I'm so glad that she shares her home with all of us that like to go there and hang out every day. I like spending time with my mom and I'm so glad that I'm able to see her or at least talk to her every day. She's such a great person and you'd never know she was 50 - until now!
I love my mom a lot & theres none other like her!

5 comments:

Suzy Cummard said...

Mom is the bomb.
She is also the cutest 50 year old I have ever known.
You get alot of really good qualities from her.

I am going to have to steal a couple quick pics.. real quick...
since you'll be here in umm...
like 5-6 hours...

OOPSY DAISY,

that is
Bad News Bears
for ME!!

•stephanie• said...

you are so lucky to have a mom like vicki. she is truly a gem and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. she means the world to me, too.

Unknown said...

like i said on your sister's blog's too... she IS so cute & fun! she's been a great example to me over the years! happy birthday {yesterday}!

chris+amber said...

That is so cute that Sam kept that fish your mom caught. He, indeed, must have been so proud! I agree with your Grandma Riggs...she is so much fun to be around!

Jheri said...

Happy B-day Vicki! She is such a cute mom! You look a lot like her in one of those pictures of her as a young mom! You guys have a cute family:) And Noah is the cutest little guy too. Happy late B-day to Noah!!!