10.24.2008

the zoo with Noah

Last weekend I took Noah to the zoo. We met up with Vanessa for the ZOO WALK (Autism Awareness) and then walked around the zoo again after that, spending time looking at the animals. Noah requested to see: monkeys, zebras, rhinos, giraffes, elephants, and tigers.
We spent about 45 minutes at the orangutans. Noah missed his family since the last time we were there.We could both seriously watch them all day long. At one point I asked Noah if he was ready to move on (even though I wasn't - I just didn't want him to be bored) - and he said "not yet". The orangutans do the funniest things and I was afraid to miss something when we left.




Right here, the mom "Bess" was playing peek-a-boo with the baby "Kasih" (she's holding a blue towell).













Noah was begging me to ride the carousel before we left - so I “forgot” for a few minutes that I am pretty much too poor to even let him to do that, let alone buy a $3.75 ice cream bar. We splurged for about 5 minutes though! The funny thing is that we bought the ice cream bar to eat while waiting for the next carousel ride to open up, but it ended sooner than we thought it would. So I “held” Noah’s ice cream bar for him and (OOPSIE) - tried to sneak a few bites while he was on the carousel. He saw me taking a bite when it came around to the side I was waiting on, and he shouted “Mom, I said only one bite!”
After leaving the zoo, we got on a bus for a ride back to our car (we had to park ½ mile away for the zoo walk). Noah ran to the very back seat of the bus and him and I were “the cool kids”.

I’m so glad that we had a good reason to go to the zoo last weekend! It was a lot of fun for me to spend some quality time with Noah and to see him be so excited to see all the animals.

No comments: