10.24.2008

Noah's birthday week report

Besides his 1st birthday, this is the first time we did a party for Noah. He really wanted a race car cake like one we saw at Bashas... but the one on Crystal's blog was much cuter (and way cheaper to make too). So my mom made this cake (among many other things she did to help me with the party) and Noah LOVED it! It turned out perfect. We invited all of Noah's aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents and had a little get together at the park on the night before Noah's birthday. Noah knew this was HIS party and was in heaven all night.

Riggs, Cole, Jake, and Max

Grandma & Grandpa Hunt, Becky, Bettina, Laura, and the babies
Lance, Jax, SteveNoah opened his presents in about 4 minutes flat. I was stressing out because he opened them so fast that I didn't see who all the presents came from. Thank you to everyone! Noah loves everything and our house looks like Santa has been there!Cake & Ice cream - thanks again to my mom & Steve's mom who each made some really good homemade ice cream!
Noah could not get that last candle blown out. I think his cousin Cole helped him out! Steve, Bryan (Gibbons), Suzanne & Lance (the love birds)
Brian (Standage), my dad, Grandma Riggs, my mom
Kenny & Burkley
John & Pete
Noah & most of his cousins
Macy
Andy
John & Natalie's kids - they biked about 5 miles each way to & from the party... AND brought all the drinks for us. Thanks again guys!
Auburn & Jaxen
Noah with Grandma & Grandpa Hunt
Noah with Poppy & Grandma Vicki
Noah & EllieNoah and me (OK fine, I admit that we matched on purpose) We love making ugly faces!
(So does Suzanne & Ellie) The next day on Noah's actual birthday, he got to spend the day with his daddy. Steve made it a special day for him which I was so glad about since I had to be at work. Noah's hair didn't get combed though.After work I picked Noah up and took him out to dinner at Nielsen's Frozen Custard. Yummy! Then we went home and he opened up the presents I got him.

After opening his presents from me, we took most of his new toys out of the boxes and put batteries in everything that needed them. My house was a bomb to say the least! Noah is a line-er-up-er.
The morning after Noah's birthday, he had his 4-year old well-check up with the doctor. He is 90% in height & 50% in weight. His vision was perfect, he saw better with one eye than I did with 2 eyes, and I've had lasik surgery. I had the doctor check out a wart on his nose (that everyone thought was a booger) - and the doctor cut it off with medical scissors. That wasn't too fun, it took 3 people to hold him down. Then - he had to get 4 shots, two in each arm. He was balling, and telling me how bad it hurt. But later that night Noah told my dad that his wart got cut off and my dad asked "did it hurt?" Noah said "no". My dad asked "did you cry?" Again Noah said "nope!" LOL!
After the doctor I dropped Noah off at preschool with some birthday treats to give his classmates. I loved being able to drop him off at preschool and wish I could do it all the time. I have the best mom & sister in the world though and I have to tell Suzanne thanks for taking care of Noah for me all the time - more than she really has time for! Suz also helped get things ready for his party when I was at work that day. I seriously have the best family in the world. This week was kind of sad for me to not be home on the day of Noah's party and then again on his birthday - but I knew that no matter who he was with, they would make him feel special. Auburn normally would have had Noah on his birthday and I know she was planning on making it special for him so thanks to you too Auburn for helping me with Noah every week and making sure that he feels loved!
He IS so special, even though he is naughty a lot of the time! (Good thing he's cute.)
I can't say thank you enough to everyone that helped me out this week - and to everyone who came to Noah's party. He loved having everyone there and it was fun to finally give him a party that he will remember!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday Noah! That cake is soooo cool! Now I want to make that for Max! He wants to be a racecar for Halloween. How am I supposed to do that? I do not have those skills.

Raine said...

OK I am crying! That was a sweet post. Don't you know that this kind of stuff makes me want to "just make it all better for you!" I bet Noah will realize one day how great of a mom he has!!! I can't believe it's been almost 4 years since I got that cute little Christmas announcement of him in the santa suit. Happy birthday Noah. You are so lucky to have your sisters and mom to ease the burden of "single mom" and if I could just be half the mom you are I know my kids will turn out fine. Have a great weekend. Love ya, Raine P.S. Wowza on the cake decorating!!