2.22.2009

Last weekend

With President’s Day being this past Monday, I had the day off. I LOVE short work weeks (until pay day comes of course). It was a fun day… my mom, my sisters, and all the kids in our family met up at Auburn’s house with our bikes. (My license plate doesn't match the rest because my old matching one had to be replaced with one that said Noah... but I'm hoping to get a new matching plate for my bike soon.)

From there we rode over to Discovery Park, and had some fun…

Props to everyone who was brave enough to go down these hills, including all the kids except Roxy. Auburn told me that Noah even went down the “whoop-de-woos” on Jaxen’s bike a few weeks ago - it’s funny that my 4 year old is a lot braver than me! I went down a few times but was braking for most of the time - it might have something to do with a crash on my bike from my childhood (going down the cement hill in Harmony Park for all my old neighbors that know what I’m talking about)!




Anyway it was a perfect day outside for a bike ride. Too bad both me and Auburn’s cheap bikes had to be rescued by Bryan - good thing we were all ready to take turns going for a jog. It’s just a matter of time before Suzanne’s tires pop too - we all got our bikes for about $70 at Sam’s Club a few years ago - and we’ve been told a few times that “you get what you pay for”. Sad, but true.
The bike ride / jog was nice, the park was fun, lunch at Long John Silvers / Taco Bell was yummy, the weather was perfect, and the company was even better than all that! My family is the best!
I’m excited for ANOTHER short work week coming up real soon… cuz we’re going going back back to CALI and I can’t wait!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Ahh, I love family fun days, there is nothing better than spending the free time with family. They are the people you're most comfortable with and who laugh at the weirdest things with you! Glad you had a short work week, p.s. where is discovery park?

Alisse Baldwin said...

I want to ride down the loop-de-loo's again!

And YES- we need to find a replacement license plate ASAP! :)