2.18.2009

Brad turns 20 today!

I kind of quit doing birthday shout outs on my blog but I had to for Brad's 20th birthday. Not because he ever sees my blog - but because I am so proud of what he's doing and wanted to share these cute pictures...

This is a couple that Brad has been teaching the gospel to in Brazil. Their names are Fabio and Samara, and Brad has said that they are like his best friends, and obviously they LOVE him too - they named their cat "Sherwood" after him.

Brad baptized Fabio and Samara either last night or he will be tonight I think... but first they had to get married. So this is them on their wedding day. Brad helped it all happen as you can see. He was there to sign the documents and I'm sure he helped pay for it like missionaries usually do in missions like where Brad is serving.


Brad seems to be really happy right now. He's been through some tough times on his mission and I'm sure there will be more, but the letter he sent a few days ago made me think that he is so happy and loving it. I am so proud of him and the decision he made to serve a mission. He has such a strong testimony and loves the Lord. I love that he is setting a great example for Noah but it scares me how quickly kids grow up. I still remember details about the day Brad was born and when he was a baby. Remembering things that happened 20 years ago makes me feel really old. Before I know it, Noah will be Brad's age and hopefully serving a mission who knows where!! Oh boy that thought scares me - but if Noah turns out like Brad I won't have much to worry about!

4 comments:

Cara said...

Glad you shared, that makes me happy, he'll probably be friends with them for life.

vicki said...

Thanks for the post, Shalae! There's not much we can do besides this to celebrate his day! I love that boy.

bettina said...

looks like he is doing well! Jason served in brazil too, cool! What mission is brad in?

Suzy Cummard said...

Why did that make me tear up a bit?
Probably because I can still remember that day (and many others) too. I am also a very proud sis (of my beebee brother)!