2.24.2009

Kids say the funniest things!


*Last night we read “Just in case you ever wonder” by Max Lucado for FHE and had a little talk about Heaven. Afterward Noah said “Mom when we go to heaven I want to sit by you.” I just got tears in my eyes typing that. It was so sweet!

*On Saturday I found a scorpion on the wall in our house and my on-call exterminator wasn’t home (Scott, you’re busted!). I called Suzanne to see if she would come over and get it. She refused, but put me on speaker so her and my mom could give me some moral support. (My mom is the best and was serious about coming over to get it for me even though she’s probably just as scared as me.) Anyway as I’m on the phone with them I said “I wish I could think of another guy to call to come and get this”. (I was meaning someone in my neighborhood.) So anyway I did get the scorpion finally but my point is that about 45 minutes later, we were in the car and Noah said “Mom, you wish you could call that guy you went on a date with to come and get the scorpion, hah?”

*Speaking of going on dates - a few weeks ago we were shopping at Old Navy and I picked up this pair of shoes. For some reason Noah said “Mom, you want to get those shoes so you can go on a date with Jason? (He’s talking about The Bachelor Jason.)

*Noah got new primary teachers a few weeks ago and I couldn’t remember what their names were. This past Sunday as we were getting ready for church I asked Noah if he remembered their names. He said, “Mom, it’s a woman and a man”. I was cracking up - since when does he use the word WOMAN?

*About a month ago I was getting ready for bed really late and was putting some pajamas on Noah. I tried to do it as he was sleeping but he woke up and stayed wide awake until I went to bed. I said “We’re saying really short prayers tonight” and Noah said back, “Mom, just pray for the missionaries”. When I was done with my prayer, Noah said his and the ONLY thing he prayed for was “Please bless that my mom will get married soon.” Desperado! (both of us)

*A few weeks ago I got mad at Noah and threatened him with who knows what… he started crying and saying “Mom, I care about you!


I love my Noah boy. He makes every day happy for me!

13 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Ahh... what a cute funny little sweetheart! Um I am dying at the scorpion thing - is it time for those little buggers to visit again? I will have to start searching my house and having major anxiety (again!!!). Love the picture and post.

Unknown said...

He says some funny things! We love seeing him every week! Now any time I say we are headed to grandma's house, devyn says "and Noah?" it's so cute! she loves her cousins! let us know if u ever need some extra help! It's nice to have some freedom every now and then!

bettina said...

posted under jason. oops!

bettina said...

This is bettina, not jason! I don't know why I'm posting under his name! i'll get on that!

Brittney Smith said...

He is such a sweetie. Kids say the cutest things!! Next time you have a scorpion, put a piece of tape (sticky side up) on the end of a broom, and then hold the other side of the broom, and smack it down onto the scorpion. The scorpion will stick to the tape, and then you can put it outside til your bug man is home, so he can kill it. It's great, you stay far away from the scorpion.

Brittney Smith said...

He is such a sweetie. Kids say the cutest things!! Next time you have a scorpion, put a piece of tape (sticky side up) on the end of a broom, and then hold the other side of the broom, and smack it down onto the scorpion. The scorpion will stick to the tape, and then you can put it outside til your bug man is home, so he can kill it. It's great, you stay far away from the scorpion.

Amy said...

He melts my HEART! He is so tender hearted! See you in a few hours!

Anonymous said...

I love that you record his cute sayings. He really is so cute, Shalae. I'm always on the look out for a hot hubby for you. A scorpion already?? I was hoping they wouldn't come out until the summertime. Ugh. I hate them!!!!!

Heaton's said...

Hey it's Cassady (Auburns friend). Noah is so cute. Hopper is the same age and he says some pretty funny things. You gotta love the honesty.

Suzy Cummard said...

OH NOAH!!
I need to add the picture of when his hair was sticking up in the back & he said "I look like a lamanite."!!!!!
So funny.
I could write a novel on these twins of ours- but instead I just laugh (or roll my eyes) INSTEAD of writing any down! slacker
I love Noah.

Suzy Cummard said...

OH NOAH!!
I need to add the picture of when his hair was sticking up in the back & he said "I look like a lamanite."!!!!!
So funny.
I could write a novel on these twins of ours- but instead I just laugh (or roll my eyes) INSTEAD of writing any down! slacker
I love Noah.

Cara said...

Shalae, I just read this! Noah is so cute! What a sweet boy. I'm glad you had fun in California, that is the best tradition!

Unknown said...

You can call us next time you find a scorpion and I'll send Nate over :)