9.25.2007

Feliz Cumpleanos

Happy 26th Birthday to the one & only, Suzanne-Shirley Temple-Sherwood-Cummard. I’m so lucky to have Suzanne as my sister, and here’s only SOME of my favorite memories / things about her:
*She’s the only one of our siblings without a middle name, which is why we gave her the middle name of Shirley Temple for some reason when we were young. We like to tell her she was adopted.
* We shared a room growing up and we always stayed up so late, just laying in the dark & talking. We’d always say, "one more thing then let’s go to sleep" and we’d keep talking forever. We can still do the same even though we talk every day, there’s never enough time to tell each other every detail of what’s going on in our lives.
* Ever since high school, she has been one of my best friends. Not a lot of siblings are friends with each other in high school, but it was always fun having her around and even my friends enjoyed having her there when she’d hang out with us.
* When I got my license we both gained a little bit of weight! We loved being able to drive anywhere we wanted to get food. One time we went to Sam’s Club for my mom & picked up a whole box of rice krispie treats. We kept them in the car for ourselves and they were gone in about 2 days (or less, I'm not kidding). Another time, we were going to a family party where we didn’t want to eat the food there. So we snuck and drove through Burger King to get a "good" dinner in that night. Fatties! (Like BK is good or something)
*You can always count on her to cheer you up - just look at this picture:

*She’s a great mom to Ellie

*... and Noah (she's 'Mama Suz' when she babysits him).
*It’s our dream to own a mini-van together. We used to work opposite schedules and babysit for each other. We thought up this great idea to buy a mini-van together and on the day that one of us had the kids, that person would drive it. We wanted to get those stick-figure decals & put one on for each member of our families. Then, Auburn thought of a couple bumper stickers we could add to it. The first would say: Suz & Shae say KISS OUR ASTRO-VAN! And the other would say: We brake for Dads! You probably had to be there to think it was funny but I am laughing out loud to myself as I type right now. (We also would add a rainbow to it since us girls were sharing a car.... as if we were a couple.)

*She’s fun to have as my business partner
*She’s also my venting partner
*And my karaoke partner (God Bless the Open Road, anyone?)
*Speaking of, we make a great duo when it comes to singing - (Must Be Doin’ Somthin’ Right, anyone?)
*It’s fun to be crazy, immature, & ugly together. So many dumb things will never get old to us, because of our immaturity. But at least we have each other, not every one wants to hang out with us when certain things "get old" (California girl trips anyone?)
*She has I think 6 different jobs, the newest one being my new 'single networking' coach. She’s great at all of them, we’ll have to see how her new job works out.
*We’re one in the same - sometimes we share a brain. We're always thinking alike, saying things at the same time, dressing alike...when this happens we just say "Suz & Shae".
*Susan-isms - I’ll just give 2 of many examples: 1) She was only like 14 years old at the time, but she asked a waiter what was in a BLT sandwich. 2) Just a few months ago, we were driving past Mission Bay in California and she asked if it was a "Home-Made" lake. (She meant to say "Man-Made", but it was so funny!)
*She’s Sympathetic. In July, she was in California when some bad things happened in my life. She found out and called me sobbing, and told me she was sorry she wasn’t here. I was at work at the time but I got teary-eyed knowing that my sister cared so much about me. (Thanks sis.)
*She’s Crafty! Just look at the cutest present she put together for my baby shower. FYI, one of the gifts inside was the cutest baby book she made for Noah. I love it and I wish I had a picture of that to show. But it’s past midnight & I’m not in the mood to get my camera out.
*She's cute! Although I'm being sarcastic with the picture below, she really is so cute and dresses cute too.I know I’m leaving out a lot of good qualities & good memories of Susan, but like I said it’s past midnight. This post was for Suzanne to laugh about, what a special treat for her on her birthday. I know that other people are probably "now dumber for having read it" and I’m sorry. But this one goes out to you, Suz! I hope you have a good birthday! Love, YFS

18 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

What a great post, I love all the wonderful pictures of Suzanne, she is so cute. You guys are super lucky to have such close sisters. By the way I love the bags below I am going to have to check them out.

MichelleY said...

Happy Birthday Suzi! How lucky are you to have her as a sister! She is the greatest and has aways been such a great friend and example to me - since FOREVER! Love you Suzanne :)

Alisse Baldwin said...

LOL, LOL, LOL!!

We put a lot of the same pictures, and didn't even know it. "Must be doin' somethin' WRONG!" Ur-ur.

YFS- yeah right! Ok, just kidding- you definitely are. I mean, you DO share the same brain- and are rubbing off on each other more everyday. Georgia peaches anyone?

Suzy Cummard said...

I can't stop laughing to type & I am supposed to be getting ready for lunch!! CRAP!!
(I am telling myself "STOP LAUGHING"!!!)

Holy cow. That was making my stomach hurt really bad.
Yes, we still stay up late saying "One more ThinG!!"

Besides right now.. when you got YOUR license was for sure MY fattest time! Limiting ourselves to ONE CANDY BAR A DAY!! SICK!!Maybe that's why I am not obsessed with chocolate.

How the heck did you make our van sticker?? Ted, I'm DYING!!

I am commenting more later so I'm not late.

THANK ya kindly for the laugh & the tears.
--Your HS Tag along sis!!

The Tyler's said...

Happy Birthday Suz!!
I am so jelous of how much you guys are best freinds! I so wish I had a sister to be like that with. You all are so cute! Thanks for sharing all that fun stuff about her!

Auburn said...

Ted, I am also DYING about the bumper sticker, I think you just found your new career, designing bumper stickers. Your long post still does not make you the favorite sister.

chris+amber said...

This post made me LOL. It's so fun to see your, Alisse's & Auburn's posts about Suzanne. They're all so different, but cute!

Sparks Fam said...

I love how you guys have always been so close. And, you're right, you are really talented at making bumper stickers, I can think of a few more off the top of my head. Girls camp anyone?

Jenny Grover said...

That was a funny post! You guys are so crazy! Happy B-day Suzie!!!!

Amy said...

Happy birthday Suzanne! YOu are serisouly so cute! And, so awesome and everything you do. I love it that you and your sisters are so close, it reminds me of mine. Hope your day is awesome!

Unknown said...

you guys are so cute! i lvoe that you are so close! happy birthday suzanne!

Unknown said...

wow...holly, amy, & i all types pretty much the EXACT thing. at least you know we all mean it! :)

Brittney Smith said...

Happy Birthday Suzanne! You sisters are so much fun! If I would have known all the fun you were having two houses down, I would have come to join you!

Missy said...

You guys really are our TWINS. We have the exact same "Sisterly" (gayish word) relationships. I was reading this post and going down memory lane myself. Great job! Happy Late Bday Suzy. And you guys really need to get the Astro...dying!

Annie Randall said...

cute pics, happy birthday suzanne!

Summer said...

some of those pics are so sam(dan)
it's crazy!!! Happy belated one Suzanne!

krista nelson said...

I LAUGHED THROUGH THIS WHOLE BLOG. I LOVE IT!! VEGAS SEEMED LIKE SO MUCH FUN. WE HAVE TO MAKE PLANS FOR OUR CALI TRIP THIS YEAR!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

Jheri said...

That was seriously such a cute post. You both are the cutest sisters. Glad I've been in Harmony Park to get to know your family better. Happy late b-day Suzanne!