9.11.2007

Hey Baby Let's Go To Vegas...

KISS THE SINGLE LIFE GOOD-BYE!our all-time favorite SUNS player, Dan Majerle.

our cute waiter!

flava-flave (is that how you would spell it?)

Surfer Boy Kelly Slater (again I don't know if that's how you spell his name)!


Our "shuttle driver" at the convention. Not that I thought he was totally cute, but just doing a little "single networking".

As some people already know, I am almost single again (nothing to be excited about, but I’m just telling so that you will understand why it was so fun to take the pictures above)! I have like 5 potential boyfriends after this last weekend { wink }. I met them all in VEGAS!
I went with my mom & 2 of my sisters, Suzanne & Alisse. The only thing that could have made the trip better is if Auburn was there, but it was a bad weekend for her to leave town. Anyway - back to the boys: Suzanne (especially) was on the lookout for me the whole weekend. She calls it "single networking". Just about every time we saw a guy or group of guys that appeared to be single & cute - or totally dorky, she would say "single network!" The funniest thing was when I got my picture taken with "flave" - she said, "can my sister get a picture with you, 'cause she’s single now".
The reason we went to Las Vegas was for the ABC (All Baby & Child) convention. It was a business trip for She’s Got It All, but it was the perfect weekend to be there. Sunday night was the MTV music video awards so there were a lot of celebrities in town to stalk out. We stayed up way too late on Saturday & Sunday night, just waiting outside of places (with our cameras in hand) for celebrities. So, now you know that I didn’t really "go out" with Dan Majerle. He was just walking by us on Saturday night & luckily my mom spotted him. He was not anyone that other people were excited about, but he was probably my favorite person to see (which is why I am loving that we got a picture of him, and I got to be right next to him). Obviously I edited the picture for my last post to make it look like him & I were just hangin out. Here are a few more pictures of celebrities, and by the way I never knew who any of them were. My sisters had to tell me everyone. But it was still fun knowing they were someone famous. I think I might need to watch more TV. By the way, Suzanne & Alisse have more pictures of people that I don’t have, so check out their blogs for more celebrity sightings!
Alisse with part of Maroon 5. This was the second night in a row that we saw them.

If anyone knows who this is, please let me know. People around us were acting like he was famouns so I took a picture, an extreme close-up on accident!

Kelly Slater with Suzanne. He was really nice and very cute!

Alisse & my mom saw "A.C. Slater" and he even shook Alisse's hand. Unfortuneately Suzanne & I missed out on him. We were busy stalking someone else at the time.

Can you see Maroon 5 in the background?

Dan Majerle & a girl from a local news station.

On Saturday night it took us over an hour to go about 2 miles on the strip. The traffic was really bad. For part of the way Flava Flave was right next to us on a scooter. At first he was trying to pass other cars, so the police were trying to tell him to stop. Then the police realized who he was and they were all shaking his hand and excited to see him. It was funny to see everyone run toward him once they saw that the cops must be talking to someone famous. It was so cool to be driving right next to someone famous although I had no idea who he was before this.

Supposedly this is some nasty guy but I still took his picture since he's a celebrity. (Seriously, why do I care?)

Sunday night my mom took us to see MAMA MIA. It was so fun and a great show. Of course we love the ABBA music now & rocked out to it on the way home in the car. Thanks again Mom!!


Just to prove that we DID actually do some business while we were there - here’s some pictures of the show and a few of our favorite things we saw there.

cute cute frames that we've ordered for our next trunk show!




Can you see that stroller contraption in the background? I could not stop laughing at it. It's a stroller with a little bike-type thing for an older child to ride on the back.

new cute colors for the table & chair sets (and other things) that we carry




And more pictures that I just have to share because they’re funny:

BORE-ING! I have to tell a quick story - as we were driving through the canyon on the way home, there were people stopped at the scenic areas, taking pictures like tourists do. We had our windows rolled down & Suzanne yelled out her window, "BORE-ING!" I am still laughing about it.

I took a million pictures of the strip the night we got there. This one was so perfect because it shows the lights AND a limo with a newly-married couple in it!

Suzanne being a tourist herself and getting her camera ready to take pictures of the strip.

We thought we could fool people in to thinking we were celebrities the first night we were there. Then the next night we saw people doing the same thing and thought they looked so stupid wearing their sunglasses indoors to try to look famous.

3 smokin-hot ladies! (If you've seen the Cox commercial you know why I'm saying that.)


Nice try Susan!


During Mamma Mia, Suzanne got busted for having her camera on! But this is a picture of her trying to sneakily get a picture of Sloth's mom in front of us. Check out her blog to see who Sloth's mom is - I'm sure she'll post it!

Alisse, I'm telling the bishop!


What the??

I promise I don't take a picture of every snuggie I see. Suzanne & Alisse had my camera for this one.

We named these girls "The Muffins". They were getting ready to go into the club.

Romantic!

That's a no-no Suzanne.
At the convention, we each had a ticket for 10 seconds at the money vault. We didn't even have to go door-to-door and sell cookie dough or chocolate candy to get to do this. And, since we waited until the last day to do it, our ticket was good for 2 turns! NICE!
My mom got a total of $6.00 I think. It's harder than you would think. You can't pull your hand out in between, and you can't scoop. You have to trap the money in some fingers and use the other fingers to catch money.

I got $3.00 on my first turn & $4.00 on my second turn. Having extra-large hands pays off sometimes.

Suzanne was nervous so she stuck her hands in her armpits for a few seconds. I think she got $5 total, probably because her & I are opposites and she has little hands.

Alisse tied with me at $7.00. If you look close you can see a big smile on her face, because the money vault equaled free lunch on the ride home!

Oh yeah, this was my other potential boyfriend that I met in Vegas. Cutie!

21 comments:

MichelleY said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I am totally jealous - mostly because you got to see Flava Flave. You should have asked to be on his show FLovor of Love next season ! You would totally win, because you are not nasty - but he is - AND he is no prize. Next time you guys have that much fun you should invite more people!

angiedunn said...

I have a painting shirt that says: "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to vegas." I think I need four more to give you girls. This was a highly entertaining post w/ many instances where I laughed right out loud. You & your sisters/mom are so cute/fashion forward & refreshingly comical. Way to be.

Suzy Cummard said...

Your last boyfriend is smokin' HOT!
MY hands must mean I am PETITE, right?? HA HA.
This post was not BORE-ING... I loved it... I'm still working on mine.

You & FLAVE look really cute together.

Missy said...

I AM SERIOUSLY STILL LAUGHING. The kids heard me and came running in to see your post. I told them it is not PG. j/k. This post was hilarious, you girls are so flippin cute too. No wonder Flav was hanging out on his stupid go-ped (?) by you. So jealous of Dan Majerle. I loved him when I was like 10...and still do. Looks like so much fun, wish we could have been there.

And I know who that nasty guy is in that pic...who was it that knew who he was, we will need to have a talk. (he,he)

Jessica said...

I am so jealous that you met Dan Marjerle!! He was my favorite suns player back in the day! I even named my Ken (Barbie) doll Dan after him when I was younger! But it looks like you guys had a blast! You guys are the cutest family ever!

bettina said...

looks like you girls had way too much fun!! seeing your pics gave me flashbacks to my last vegas trip!! ahh memories!!

bettina said...

looks like you girls had way too much fun!! seeing your pics gave me flashbacks to my last vegas trip!! ahh memories!!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Single Networking or bust! I love to make light of not-so-funny situations. I guess that's just how our family handles it!

I can't believe we told Dan Majerle that we named our DOG after him! He probably took that as a "talk about shootin' a man's horse." (How to Lose a Guy) But if he only knew how AWESOME of a Miss Priss Majerle-Dog was.

3 SMOKIN' HOT LADIES is right!

You forgot to mention Good Charlie, Down in Georgia- pickin them peaches, and yeah right- you knew who Ron Jeremy was!

Suzy Cummard said...

Santa Baby slash ----- -----,

Alisse - Princess Sofia or CRAWL, The Warrior King? HA HA!!

"What happens in SIN CITY stays in SIN CITY" AMEN Sista, amen.

Abby Runyan said...

Ok so I think this is my favorite post of ALL time. I loved it. I'm so jealous of your trip. What a perfect weekend to go to vegas!!! I was laughing out loud at some and now I have a new crush on the surfer Kelly Slater, How cute is he!! Guys are going to be in Hog Heaven when they find out you are on the market. You have always been and always will be GORGEOUS!!!

Britttany said...

you & your sisters are sooo fun! i love reading about your weekend, etc. i guess i need to watch more t.v. too b/c i didn't know most of the people either!

Jenny Grover said...

Good thing I didn't go cus I can see my sisters doing the same thing...She is single! They do it now! I think your boyfriend should be the kid on the stroller I mean bike! That was so funny! But the best was Flavor Flave! Isn't he so hot. He is way cuter in person! Loved your blog!

Tiff Hunt said...

You are so funny!! Good for you!! You need some fun times. You are seriously my favorite!!! Thanks for being a champion. I love Vegas. I want to go back so bad. I love seeing all the wonderful things some girls wear. NASTY!! But it's fun to laugh.

Suzy Cummard said...

Jenny thinks that is a real child on that contraption that you just about pee'd your pants over... FYI: It's not a real child, it just looks like it!!!
I can't stop picturing it being Ellie or Noah!! HA HA

Auburn said...

You were definetely workin what ya got over there. I expected you guys to write a new song on your way home, but I guess you need your big sis to help you do that. Next time.

Unknown said...

Michelle - what are you talking about? Flava Flave is too a prize.

Angie - I need to borrow your shirt for next time I go!

Suz - of course that means you are petite. You are my tiny beeby sister.

Missy - the question is, how do you know who that nasty guy is? You guys should have been there. We've decided that we need to plan our S/M trip around a time & place that celebrities will be.

Jessica - so you named your Ken barbie doll after Dan? Well we named our dog, Majerle after him - AND we told him that. Now we're kind of embarrased.

Bettina - it was way too much fun! When was your last time there?

Alisse - If figured out why I was "confused" about the peaches - because the song says "DOWN in Georgia, pickin' them peaches". The DOWN part through me off.

Suz, now I have "Uncle -----" in my head. I can't wait for my new ride.

Abby, you are too nice. And yes Kelly Slater was SO cute!

Brittany, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't know celebs!

Jenny, the kid on the bike was headless! You definately should have been there with your sisters and mom and we could have networked together.

Tiffany, all weekend we noticed that nobody there was dressed like we were. They were all wearing things they shouldn't have!

Suzanne, speaking of doing my hair on the first night, thanks!

Auburn, I've already said it but I'll say it again - you should have been there. It would have been even funner and we would have a new song to publish now. We need you big sis!

YOU WOULD THINK I HAVE NO LIFE- BUT I COULDN'T RESIST COMMENTING BACK TO EVERYONE!

Alisse Baldwin said...

So you're saying you DO have a life? Obviously I don't.

Annie Randall said...

Okay, I know you said you had fun but I didn't know you had that much fun. I am totally jealous because that surfer guys was HOT! You should have brought him home. Suzanne & Alise, the hair looks cute!

Suzy Cummard said...

You mainiac!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow! Looks like you girls had a ton of fun. You know Shalae, I still have a single brother. I would love to have you as a sister-n-law. That might be too wierd though huh? Two former Harmony Parkers, I dont know about that!

chris+amber said...

You Sherwood girls know how to have fun and how to party! You found some great stuff at the convention! I can't wait to get my hands on them some day. I can't believe how many celebrities you guys ran into. There couldn't have been a more perfect celebrity than Dan Majerle for you guys to run into!