5.02.2009

Pretty proud of myself!

A couple weeks ago I did Pat's Run with my good friend Vanessa. I set the goal to do this back in September, started training for it in January - and dreaded it more and more as it got closer... but it turned out really fun! I can't believe how many people were there - over 20,000 I heard. The actual race was a lot easier than training for it was - I kept thinking "if that person can do this, so can I"! And of course it was fun to be running with a big crowd of people.

Here's proof that I finished! I outlined myself - like I said I'm pretty proud that I actually did it!


And, the results... exactly in the middle of what my goal time was and what I guessed I would do!

I kept telling myself that once this race was done, so was I with running in events like this - and the 4.2 miles was the most I could ever do! But I think I might challenge myself and set a goal for the fall when the weather cools off. Thanks Vanessa for a fun time!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Mark your calendar for Nov. 14th!! You CAN do it!! Half marathon...but if that still scares you then i think there is going to be a 5k and or a 10k!! It is going to be a lot of fun!!! Good job on Pat's run!! Aren't the races such a fun environment? You did amazing!! Did Alisse do it?