5.29.2009

Flashback Friday

I don't have much to update my blog with... so I'm jumping on the Flashback Friday bandwagon.

This week the theme revolves around some trips to DisneyWorld since June 1st is just around the corner...

Back in 1996 my family took our first trip there during the "national gay and lesbian" holiday... which is June 1st and was being celebrated at the Disney theme parks. We saw so many people wearing red shirts that read "a day of magic, a night of pleasure". Nasty! But it was a memorable trip... we LOVED the Tower of Terror ride which is what we're on in this picture (we might have been posing). Back then it was just 7 members in our family.




Fast forward exactly 10 years later (2006) ... 16 members in the family and we went back to DisneyWorld. I crack up every time I see this picture. We were all crammed in this van in the hot and humid Florida weather. Good times! We were like sardines, but you gotta say it "sardine-yuz". This pic only shows half of the family but we ALL had matching red shirts on, in honor of the holiday - it was actually really nice to spot each other throughout the day and nobody got lost.


And just for the fun of it here's a REALLY old pic of us at Disneyland. We were so young!
It's that time of year where I'm itching to go somewhere - I need to get out of town and a theme park is sounding really fun!!

3 comments:

Auburn said...

Now I want to go to a theme park! What can we do this summer?

Cara said...

I'm wearing red Monday just for fun around town.

Suzy Cummard said...

2 things:
1) the man behind you at MGM... ha ha! He is so ticked. Your arm is right in front of his face.. ha ha ha. I think he was trying to move your arm.
2) the pic of splash mountain.. I think that the front 2 people were MOM & then BRAD. You should go back & edit that.
I have another Splash Mountain pic on my magnet board.. UH OH!