9.17.2008

LOL !

If you need a laugh... read on! (at least I thought it was funny)

This is a picture of a doggie sling that we sell on www.shesgotitall.net. It's for people who seriously spoil their little (I repeat, LITTLE) pets and treat them like a real baby.

Well on Friday I was checking our business e-mail on my lunch break... and this message was in the inbox:

"I am looking for a doggie sling like the one in your store. I have a Great Dane. What patterns do you have available? Thanks!"

I started to respond to the e-mail, not even noticing the "Great Dane" part. Then I stopped and said to my co-worker (Sherry) "do you think this is a joke..." (and then I read her the message). She was laughing so hard. In case any of you didn't know... Great Danes are HUGE!! I responded to the e-mail asking the customer how big their dog was. This was the response that I got within like 2 minutes of sending the reply:

"He's about 170 lbs. He's getting really old and it's hard to get around with him. Thanks!"

At that point I was crying tears cuz I was laughing so hard. Just imagine carrying one of these around in that sling:


I called my sisters and found out it wasn't any of them that sent the messages. I thought I knew for sure who it was by that time... someone that sits behind a computer and would totally do something like this as a joke and then respond to my message right away. So I decided to play along. Sherry came up with this reply:

"We have custom saddles available... maybe the dog could carry YOU around?"

I waited and waited for a reply... and it never came. A little bit later I asked who I thought the culprit was if he had anything to fess up to. He denied doing anything and I really don't think he did. So who sent us this e-mail? I hope it was meant as a joke (if not, oopsie for my reply!) but I am still wondering who the jokester is.

That was a good one. I still LOL about it when I think of someone trying to carry their 170-lb. Great Dane around in a sling.

8 comments:

Raine said...

I thought I would check in on you tonight, and I am so glad I did! I am cracking up right now, thinking - that maybe it wasn't a joke at all! I can't stop laughing. That is so funny. Thanks for sharing!!!

Suzy Cummard said...

Ha ha.
We are going to get turned into the BBB.
OOPSY is right.
You are fired.

Who the heck was this?
I hate unsolved misteries!

bettina said...

how funny! there's no way that could be real! I'm dying to know who it was!

{jennifer} said...

Hilarious!!! It would be a great workout for sure and I laugh everytime I see a doggy stroller or sling:)Maybe this person can have a custom doggy stroller created aka a small car.

Mary Davis said...

Okay, I got a good laugh out of that! I don't know how you contained yourself

MaMaMaMandy said...

That is hilarious!! The funny part is the fact that if it was a real (and not a joke) email, it had to have been sent by a woman...and what woman could lift 170 lbs? A bodybuilder...yikes!! That's too funny!

I Do Faces said...

I saw this online and totally thought of your little boy

http://www.babyblogaddict.com/2008/09/gap-casting-call.html

I hope that doesn't sound weird, but I love your store and have checked out your blog a few times and your little one is adorable!!
Have a fun day!!!
-Tasia

Announcements By Ashlee's said...

Check out our NEW blog....

We are offering discounts on holiday cards! Custom design starting at $30 for 25 cards w/envelopes!

We also offer wedding and all occasion invitations, business cards and door to door flyer distribution.