3.27.2008

Easter Weekend

It started Friday night with dinner and shopping for Auburn's birthday - one of my favorite things to do is hang out with my mom & sisters so of course it was fun! The rest of the weekend is documented in pictures...

Saturday morning was the Easter Egg Hunt in my parents' neighborhood - and being the "transplant" that I am, Noah & I showed up! Ellie needed her sibling there for support anyway (they like to tell each other that they're twins).
Noah & I enjoyed the breakfast - which was all over his face!
Noah looks like he's getting ready to race down the hill to find eggs, but that's not what happened when the race started!

Ellie was all about racing, but Noah on the other hand...
was going as slow as possible and holding my mom's hand like he was scared.
He didn't want to run but then he was sad every time he saw an egg and someone got to it before him!
Luckily there was tons of eggs so we finally made it to an area of the park that still had some for Noah to put in his basket.
After the egg hunt - about 2 minutes after it started!
Noah's showing me his "boy" color easter eggs in this picture. He passed up all of the pink and purple eggs - because he only wanted green & blue. Looks like he settled for an orange one too.
Saturday afternoon we had family pictures (that's why my sisters & I are all matching) and then headed over to a dinner put on by my parents' bishop and other Young Men leaders in their ward. The dinner was to honor Brad & his friend Drew who are both leaving within the next 2 weeks for their missions! The dinner was really good & it was fun to see what goes on at those traditional dinners. I still can't believe that my "bee-bee" brother is leaving so soon!
With such a busy weekend, I did my grocery shopping at about 9:30 Saturday night - and Noah was with me as usual. The Easter Bunny had put off finding a treat for Noah's basket so I had to be as sneaky as possible that night at "my local" Wal-Mart. I picked up anything DIEGO that I could find quick without him seeing. Well, he's too smart for his age so of course he figured it all out. I had to tell the cashier to "tell the Easter Bunny that Noah would like this Diego camera and these ASU tic tacs". (It all worked out since I'm pretty tight with the workers.)
The next trick was sneaking down stairs without Noah the next morning. I thought it would be easy to sneak down there before he woke up but he heard my door open and wanted to go down with me. Well eventually I made it down without him and he was totally surprised when he found the Diego slideshow thing and the tic tacs in his basket. Oh yeah - he was with me when I bought the clothes about a month ago too but I think he forgot about those!

Easter Sunday was a little different this year, but busy and fun! Brad spoke in church and then we spent all afternoon in my parents' kitchen getting ready for his open house that night. Let's just say that I've probably gained AT LEAST 5 pounds this week because I love sweets and there's not only easter candy laying around, but also leftovers from the open house.
On a totally different note - Kip dresses himself! The underwear were on backwards so it was so funny when he stood up!

7 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Love it, I just barely stopped buying things for Jack while he was right there. That is so funny that Noah only wanted the blue and green eggs True Boy! You girls looks so cute in your matching outfits, can't wait to see your pics.

Suzy Cummard said...

So glad you are TIGHT with "YOUR LOCAL" workers. How sweet.

DIEGO - or bust.

I just saw Annie's text that our pics are ready to see..... better go look at the poser(s)!!

Suzy Cummard said...

OH-

AND KIP is quite attractive!!!

•stephanie• said...

i wish you could have sat where i was sunday and watched noah fight it and then finally give in to sleep. it was the cutest thing. he looked so angelic snoozing away on your shoulder!

Brittney Smith said...

Happy Easter! It looks like you guys had fun at the ole' Harmony Park Egg hunt. Boy do I miss those days sometimes!!

Unknown said...

fun! i´m sad i missed brad & drew´s farewell. the next 2 years will fly by {at least they did when marshall was on his mission}! i {heart} hp!

Amy said...

I love the pictures. I love to see the background like your house decorations. They are so cute. Not to mention how stinkin cute Noah and Ellie are.