3.23.2008

Sk8er Boi

Noah is growing up way too fast. This past Monday for Family Home Evening, we skateboarded to "the hill" in our neighborhood where he wanted to ride his skateboard down. He got the skateboard from Santa and this was the first time I suggested that he could ride it outside. I don't think he knew that it was even an option! Now I'm scared of what I might have gotten myself into.
He loved it and was actually pretty good!



This is "the hill" or maybe it can be called the "dead man's curve" of our neighborhood. He likes to come here and ride the scooter down the hill too.
When it was time to go home, he was complaining that he was too thirsty to carry his skateboard. "Too bad" I said. (He loves making excuses so he can be lazy.)
We had fun but I really hope that he's not a "skater" someday. The injuries alone scare me!


7 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Nice title from Avril!

I can't believe he knows how to skateboard. That reminds me of when he had seriously just learned to walk and would pick up the razor/scooter and know how to use it!

MichelleY said...

How cute- he is getting so big!! Boys are scary - Brodie wants to ride this electric quad around all day, and had a bad accident on it a few weeks ago, but he could care less. Good luck!! Oh and I am laughing at Dead Man's Curve- I used to be so scared to take my bike there back in the day :)

Alisse Baldwin said...

I saw this post last night, but didn't comment until today. But I just remembered I had a dream about Dead Man's Curve last night! It was a day when the sprinklers were on so the sidewalk was wet (remember when that would happen?) and I was so scared to take my bike on it! Thanks for the nightmare!

bettina said...

if it's anything like what he can do on the razor, he'll be just fine! that boy knows how to ride that's for sure!

Unknown said...

how cute! he does look so grown up in these pics! when marsh went through his skater phase, it scared my parents to death too! and lol to dead man´s curve! (:

Britttany said...

noah is way to cute to be a grungy skater boy! haha. that's funny your stressed, my baby boy isn't even born yet and i'm worried about horses, motorcycles... you name it! haha, you just got to love it.

Suzy Cummard said...

Dead Man's Curve -

Ted, I'm dying!!!
Rollerblading when it was wet was the worst! One word- CRASH!
We were such dare devils- & FYI- I thought it was "Dead Man's Curb" when I was little.

Let's go there on our next bike ride... which BTW- your bike tire is totally flat. We put the trailer on the "Lance" bike now. If you want me to switch it, I will!!!

NOAH BOI-
I love you. Why are you such a MAN?! You catch onto things way too quick! Be careful speedy dare devil!