1.14.2008

I can't believe it!

Happy Birthday today to Riggs! I really cannot believe that I have a 9-year old nephew. I still remember sitting in the waiting room the day he was born. It was one of the best feelings ever when I became an aunt! Riggs was born with a special heart so he spent a lot of time in the hospital when he was a baby and then more time as he grew and needed more surgeries. I don't even know how old he was in this picture but it was after one of his surgeries. Riggs is definately a miracle boy but he would be so special to me even if he wasn't. He has always been the best big brother to his BFF Jax.
(They are both so cute.)
And he's great at being a big protective brother to Roxy too.
Last year was shocking to me that Riggs was old enough to be baptized, and now he's half way to being an adult! The past 9 years has gone by way too fast!
He is such a sweet boy and I love him so much! Speaking of being sweet, this morning I called him and sang him "Happy Birthday" in my ugliest voice. Afterward I asked him if I sounded good and he said "I don't know" and the tone of his voice was like he was trying to be nice and not laugh!!
Happy Birthday Riggs! I love you so much!

6 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

I beat you 2 times because last night I sung to him, and told him to tell when you called that his Aunt Alisse was first, aka his favorite. But I love all these pictures of our "Baby Riggs." I distinctly remember waiting upstairs in that hospital, and watching as they jogged by with him in his little hospital cart. I can't believe that was 9 years ago!

Suzy Cummard said...

I can't believe it either.

That post was so sweet. What a good aunt.. (waa waa to me.. but I gotta play fair)

I was not able to be at the hospital when he was born, because it was the week of cheer try outs & I couldn't miss that week. STUPID (don't tell the "mouth patrol" what I just said). I was so nervous all day. But mom came to school to show me pictures.

AND remember we thought his name was going to be Riggs Rylan, or something like that.. I was a little shocked when it wasn't what we all thought.

Riggs is an example to us & so many others. I am so thankful for him & SO PROUD to call him my NEPHEW!!

(Auburn, are you missing your blog, yet?
If not... YOU SHOULD BE!!)

Tiff Hunt said...

Um, I don't know him, but he is special, it just shows on his face!! Seeing all those pictures made me cry! What a strong little boy!

chris+amber said...

Nine? No way! He's such a handsome little man.

Missy said...

Happy Birthday! He is a handsome devil! And I can tell he has a great personality too. Dang Auburn...just get a private blog...please!!!

Missy said...

P.S. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. You are a sweet person. Talk/hang out with you guys soon HOPEFULLY!