7.12.2007

I'm "IT"

Amber tagged me to write 7 thing about myself and then tag 7 other people to do the same, so...

1) Some people might not know that Steve is the first and only guy I have ever kissed. The first picture is us in on the night of our senior prom (old school scrapbooking!) and the second picture is one of our engagement pictures.


2) Another interesting fact about me is that I don't watch Grey's Anatomy. I think I'm the only person who doesn't. Shows Steve & I love though... The Office, The Bachelor, Desperate Housewives, Identity (it better be back!), National Bingo Night (yes we are W/T and we print out Bingo cards and play along at home - some day we're going to win $50,000), Shaq's BIG Challenge, Dateline, The Next Best Thing, The Singing Bee, Don't Forget the Lyrics (both of those last 2 are brand new and we love them!), Deal or No Deal (for when we've watched everything else on the DVR and we're bored). I'm probably leaving some shows out but we LOVE having DVR. We really did not watch that much TV until this past year when we got DVR. It is our entertainment. Instead of going out on the weekends we have loved staying home and just watching all these shows. You can't beat $22.00 a month for entertainment. The best is fast forwarding the commercials, and just about every time we do, we say "this is the best $22.00 a month we can spend".

3) I still use a caboodle that I've probably had for 15 years. I love it because it keeps all of stuff organized and when I pack for a trip all I have to do is stick the whole caboodle in my luggage and then I don't forget anything. I hope in 15 years I still have it.


4) I am a junk food junkie. I mostly love sweets but sometimes I can sit and eat a bag full of jalepeno Poore Brothers chips too. Yesterday I had 4 oreos AND a creamsicle AND 2 slurpees. I know that I will probably never ever be on a diet because I just don't have that kind of self control. I can make myself work out harder but I can't NOT EAT certain things. For instance, on fast Sundays, I think about all the food that I can't have and then when we break our fast I eat everything I had been thinking about. Dieting would be the same way for me and I would gain more by binge eating. The other night it was past 9:00 and I wanted a creamsicle so bad. I was strong and resisted the urge, but FIRST THING the next morning guess what I did? I satisfied that craving. That's not unusual for me to have JUNK for breakfast. Most people already know that about me though.

5) I get homesick way too easily. When I was young, I had a hard time spending the night at my best friend's house, across the street. I missed my family too much I think. Even still, I get homesick. On vacations I miss being home. Even on my honeymoon I cried because it was really long and I got homesick (I know, that's pretty bad). And it's not just my family I get homesick for. When we are all together on vacations, I still look forward to going HOME. And by home that could mean my house or my parents'. I spend lots of time at my parents' house, but usually all my housework is done at home so there's more to do over there. I love being with my mom & my sisters. Some people have given us a hard time for it but hey, why should it be a bad thing to spend time with people you love?!!! I think most people with sisters close in age can relate.
6) I love to be organized. I even like to organize things for other people, if I just make time for it. Noah has picked up on this trait in a way ... see below... he loves lining things up that are "alike".








7) I am really not shy. Some people who don't know me too well think I am. But just spend a few days with my sisters and I and you will see the real me. We can be crazy and sing ugly and use ugly voices and have lots of fun. What's funny is that some of these things have rubbed off on Steve and my sisters' husbands too, whether they want to admit it or not.
OK now it's my turn to tag other people - as I've blog stalked I've noticed that a lot of people on my link list have already been tagged. So, I'm tagging the following people and SORRY if you've already been tagged & I don't know it: Annie Randall, Bettina Secrist, Brittany Kelly, Brooke Brown, Holly Sparks, Michelle Yamamoto, and Amy Hamblin.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I'm commenting on my own blog. I'm really bugged about the way those pictures of Noah are layed out. I cannot fix them. Ughhhh

Britttany said...

I knew #1, #5, #6 and for sure knew #7 about you. As for #2, I think you are the only person I know who doesn't watch Grey's Anatomy. (Have you seen McDreamy?)

Suzy Cummard said...

Good work sis. Even though I knew all of these things, I loved reading them!
your Caboodle will never go out of style. It is one of your trade marks. Auburn said you forgot to say that it is the same one you have had for 15 years & it is still clean. (OF COURSE). I know we said that we should "BLING OUT" our SGIA money holder/caboodle... I was thinking if you added some ribbon to your handle it would give it a new look.
Your eating... yes, I know this is true. {Also, when you take a "small" bite of someones ice cream you take the LARGEST bite!} I hate how you can eat & eat & never get fat. Bugger! wink.
Sis Time... nothing like it. I agree completely. I do NOT care if it bugs anyone that I am with family too much. There is no such thing as too much FUN!!
Orginized... I love that you are & that it got passed down to your son. {Monkey see, monkey do!}
As for BINGO.. I can just see you in the future.. With your WALMART high heel/spring shoes, all dolled up & ready for BINGO night down at the retirement center! Maybe I'll join you if you ever win some good $!!!

Anonymous said...

Shalae . . . Pleeeeeeeeease tell me that you also watch "So You Think You Can Dance" - the best show ever. If not, I'm so disappointed. . . Amanda and I watched it today at lunch time and I seriously cried - yes, tears - while Lacey and Kameron were doing the Hustle. You really oughta join us!

Becky said...

so fun to read! i am with suzanne on the eating! i hate you too! :) just teasing! Props to you! And i know all about the sister/mom thing...i get so insanely sad when i miss out on stuff with my sisters/family. Funny how your family ends up being your best friends. :) loved all the tidbits!

Unknown said...

cute shalae! and i use part of a caboodle too! ha ha! i use the part that can come out to keep my stuff organized. it is a newer one though. i am REALLY jealous of yours!

Unknown said...

Sorry to disappoint but I don't watch "So you think you can dance". I know, I'm one of the only people (again). I've got way too many other shows to watch though! Stephanie were you crying "happy tears" or crying because you were laughing? If you were laughing than I might be interested in watching! (I know, I'm so mean!)

Anonymous said...

I'd say more like, "Oh, my goodness, they are so good!" tears. I guess I've watched way too many dance concerts/competitions/recitals! I just appreciate wonderful talent. The "laughing so hard that we're crying" kind of tears come during reality/dating shows where pathetic/desperate women try too hard to be attractive/desirable. It gets really fun when you actually kind of know a contestant on the show. I think you know what I'm talking about!

Tiff Hunt said...

Shalae, you are not the only one who does not watch 'So you think you can dance'. It is not a show that I am in to. I loved this post. It was great. It was fun to get to know more about you!! I wish I was as organized, any tips?

angiedunn said...

this was a fab post, shalae. i'm so down with you still sporting your caboodle...i wish i still had mine!! i too, am very sorry that your are missin' out on greys & SYTYCD, but some of your other shows are my faves too! 'cause i'm addicted to tv...and blogging...and many other things. have a great day!

abigail said...

HEY i have a caboodle too!!! my friends were making fun of me for it because its from the big bangs days! But i seriously love it! your right it does keep things organized and when i travel the whole thing goes with me! i love it!

Brittney Smith said...

Ok, I loved this! I had no idea Steve was your first and only kiss, I love the caboodle, and I've seen your funny wild side. Gotta love it!

Auburn said...

Shay, It is funny how we got our caboodles for the same Christmas, and I haven't seen mine in over a decade, and yours still looks brand new. By the way, Caboodle has come out with like 5 new designs since yours. The new ones don't even look like yours anymore. I guess when you got a good thing goin with you and your partnership with your caboode, why change it?

chris+amber said...

Noah is so cute. I love that he copies you and tries to organize things. I hated sleeping over at other people's houses too. I like to sleep in my own bed, in my own house. I like my space too. This was fun to read!

Missy said...

I love the pics of Noah organizing things, this will come in really handy in a couple of years for you. I have a few that have inherited my OCD Organizing Gene and they are awesome cleaners, then the other few are the complete opposite and it drives us Organizers crazy! You and Steve are so funny with your shows. I totally have wanted to watch some of those shows, then I forget to turn it on. And I am with you on the Sista thing, they are my BFF's!

sara said...

This is a great post and so fun to get some insight on you - because I'm one of those people who thought of you as shy/quiet in H.S.! (but I totally know what you mean, because I feel I'm the same way!)
Love the caboodle thing too! And you and your sisters are SO cute.