5.18.2008

Time for a new post?

We've been busy lately but don't have much to show for it! Here's a recap of our past couple of weeks - nothing too exciting.

We took Noah to a D-Backs game and he loved it!

Noah's been working on filling up this chart so he can get his very own "blue scooter". We started this about 6 weeks ago and it's worked pretty well for bribing him when he's naughty. It's also helped me to remember to reward him (with stickers) when he's good. I purposely kept a blank row on the bottom all week long, because Noah had a talk in church today and I wanted him to know that if he did his talk like we practiced all week, I'd put 10 stickers on the bottom and go to the store tomorrow to buy him a scooter. (FYI, he didn't say one word of the talk that he memorized - instead I gave the whole talk AND held him like a baby the whole time - so we're still working on earning stickers for the scooter.)
Last weekend I had a slumber party at my house! Auburn's 3 kids and Ellie came - the kids probably think I'm the meanest aunt now. I took all of them except Ellie to the mall, Toys R Us, and Cold Stone. I wish I could just relax more and let kids be kids but I was constantly telling somebody "NO!" I love my nieces and nephews and hope they'll forgive me for being the wicked witch that night!
This is me & Noah on Mother's Day. I love being a mom and I love my mom too! (and I love being spoiled at church with yummy, yummy cheesecake on Mother's Day)
I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to spiders or bugs - especially SCORPIONS! I've found a few in my house and usually call Scott (my brother - in - law that lives a few houses away) to come get them. If he's at work or school, I usually just trap the bug and ask him to come by when he gets home. Well the other morning I was getting ready for work and spotted something on my carpet (since I stare at the ground when I walk). I turned on the lights and trapped it with a cup - then got a bigger cup for extra protection and set a book on top to keep the cups from tipping over. I had Scott come over after work and what he found under the cup was a toy from Noah's pirate ship. He just laughed and set it on my bed. That night I was folding clothes and as I went to set the clothes on my bed, I freaked out for a second because I saw the toy - and AGAIN I thought it was a scorpion. I know I'm paranoid, but it looked a lot like one!
Friday night was heavenly! We went to Krispy Kreme and I got to have a warm donut like I've been craving ever since Krispy Kreme shut down a year or two ago! (Ellie & Noah looked so cute in their hats.)
We got to Krispy Kreme around 9:00 or 10:00 on Friday night and it was so crowded - a long line inside AND a long line of cars at the drive-thru! We went in to get a free sample like they used to do, but I don't think they are doing that anymore - at least I didn't see any samples being handed out. Dang it!

8 comments:

bettina said...

wow, you have been busy! A krispy kreme sounds so good right now!I haven't made it over there yet, still waiting for those lines to die down! the toy under the cups...that's hilarious!

Brad's Mom said...

Brad had many items on his "to do" list before he left but he didn't get to Krispy Kreme. We drove through the one in Provo before he reported to the MTC. Donuts...YUM

{jennifer} said...

Cute pictures! I was laughing so hard at you giving a talk in primary! Sounds like our kids are doing the same thing with the prize charts, although your prize is way better then what Alexis earns!

Suzy Cummard said...

Apparently (sp?) ---
we are not the only ones that roll into FATTY TOWN at 10:00. (it was past 10, I think!)

Alisse Baldwin said...

Why didn't we take a picture at the toy under the cup? SO funny! Haha...

Why didn't I (the mayor of fattytown) get a call for the ribbon cutting ceremony of the grand re-opening of Krispy Kreme?!

Britttany said...

i'm such a slacker blogging these days and even worse checking on everyone's blogs! but i love reading your updates and seeing pics of noah and you! and that is hilarious about trapping noah's toy, thinking it was a bug... you sound as paranoid as me, when it comes to creepy crawly things.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

I loved all the randomness of this post. You are probably a very LOVED aunt for having all the cousins sleep over... Lucky for us adults the kids forget all the NO's we say and just remember we wanted to spend time with them.

LOVED the trapping the toy I have done that with pieces of yarn and hair balls and other randome things. and HONESTLY I am just glad to know you EAT doughnuts. even at 10 PM..

Oh and You did a GREAT job on Noah's talk. I wish I could just turn my head on my mom's shoulder and have her give my talks for me. You are such a great MOM.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.