12.02.2007

Why I love Christmas time...

One of the best things about Christmas time is using the threat, "Santa won't bring you any presents if you keep acting like that". Last night we went to my parents' (& Suzanne & Lance's) ward Christmas party. Santa came - and this is Ellie & Noah's reaction to his appearance. I hope Santa was telling Noah "you better be a good boy".
I love this picture because it looks old-fashioned for some reason.
And isn't this picture so cute too?
Sadly enough, not too long after sitting on Santa's lap, Noah yelled, "Shut up!" and then "Stupid!" I have no idea where he learned that and it was the first time I'd heard him say shut up. The nice thing was that I just pointed over to Santa & said "He's watching you"! Today I sacrificed a much needed nap to finish decorating my house for the Christmas season. I love it!
I know, some of my decorations are cheesy - but just as a follow up to a previous post, Suzanne DID give me some stocking holders for my birthday & I love them! ( It's even Christmas time on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode that we recorded last year at this time.)
I remember last year when I took down the decorations after Christmas, this one seen below was the hardest to put away. It had worked so well as a threat, and hopefully is does again this year too. There are 'NICE' magnets & also 'NAUGHTY' magnets. All I have to do when Noah doesn't obey - is put both naughty magnets on his name. And he knows what that means! And {usually} he'll start minding me.

9 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

I love your house all decorated for Christmas. I especially love the ornaments hanging from the top of your entertainment center. You're so smart to think to do that! They look great. I also love the Naughty/Nice list. What will we use in January for a threat? Maybe we'll have to visit Main for the rhino again. ;>

•stephanie• said...

so sad that i missed that party last night. i absolutely love your tree in the urn. way cool. and, um, would it be too much to ask if i could just please have your red/white chair/ottoman for my very own? really . . . i've been nice this year.

Suzy Cummard said...

LOVE your house year round!

It looks so cute. I wish I would've come over to help.

I am a BIG fan of the "Santa is gonna see & hear".
I have had to say it a couple times too!!

I hope I am on the NICE list!
You should've posted the magnets you made for the last boutique!!

Tiff Hunt said...

I love looking at pictures of your house! It is so cute! I love your style. I think you decor is awesome!

Brittney Smith said...

Loved the old Harmony Park Cristmas parties. They were always the best. I need to start threatening my shildren with Santa. Good idea!

chris+amber said...

Your house is SOOOOOOO cute! I'm with my mom, I want your chair/ottoman. I love how you put your tree in an urn. Very cute! I've loved using the Santa threat with my kids too. It's amazing how magical it is! :o)

MichelleY said...

How fun - wish I could have made the party too. Your house is so cute - you should show pics of it more often! LOVE the chair - obviously so does everyone else that commented.

bettina said...

wow!! your house looks so good! but then again it always does!

Jheri said...

Ummm...of course you have your tree in an urn! Too cute! I love this time of year. Putting up Christmas decorations is so much fun & the kids love it! Glad you came to the Christmas party!!!