12.09.2007

The man of the house

Noah has done some funny things lately. About a week ago there was a huge spider on my couch. I hate bugs more than anything, so I was freaking out. Noah was calm about it and said, "Mom, I can smash it with my shoe". Such a man! A few days ago, I found a (dead) scorpion at my house when Suzanne was here with me, but Noah wasn't. The next day I told him about it and he said "were you scared?" It's funny that a 3-year old is asking his mom that!

Another manly thing he does is trash duty! When it's time to gather up the trash, he wants to be the one to pour the trash into the bag. Last week he told me he could put new bags in the trash can. I said "OK" but I figured that when he was done, I'd fix it when he wasn't looking. I was so surprised to find the bags put in the trash cans correctly, with the top folded over & everything. Now that's what I call picking up the slack around here.

Today must have been a tiring day at the office for the man of the house.

9 comments:

Sparks Fam said...

He is such a handsome little boy, I know people must tell you that all the time, but he is! And sounds like he's pretty helpful too! So cute.

Alisse Baldwin said...

LOL to "Now that's what I call picking up the slack around here." You forgot the part about snuggling- he takes care of that duty as the man of the house, too!

Suzy Cummard said...

Thanks Noah boy for sharing your side of the bed with me!!

I loved this post. You need to always remember this!!

Britttany said...

oh my gosh noah is so cute. that makes me really want to have a boy instead of a girl and hope he turns out like noah!

Jade said...

Noah is so very handsome. Isn't funny that such a little man can make you so incredibly happy? They are definately straight from heaven. Glad your good.

Tiff Hunt said...

What a MAN!! He is too cute!

The Wilkins' said...

Noah is so cute! And I LOVE your striped chair!

chris+amber said...

We need more men like Noah. He rocks. It's hard work being the man of the house!

Natalie Hall said...

Oh he is a stud!!!!!!!! Oh that boy is about the cutest thing in this world. He really trys to take care of his mom, I love him for that.
I hope you are doing good this holiday season. I am thinking of you all of the time. Please call if you ever run out of babysitters, please!!!