7.15.2008

Mini 10-year reunion!

I can't believe it was 10 years ago that I graduated from Mesa High School. I still feel like I'm the same age I was back then. Last weekend I had my friends over and I'm counting it as attending my 10-year reunion! I posted these pictures & sign on my door (as a total joke) and after I did it, I was embarrased in case any of my neighbors saw it and thought I was being serious.
We did some of our favorite things we used to do...

*we had Neds for dinner (our favorite place to go for lunch in high school, others included Coffee Plantation (yummy bagels), Zuka Juice (now it's Jamba Juice), and someone's house was always fun too.

*I got Mattas chips & salsa since that was our favorite restaurant on the weekends or when we ditched! (Back then the waiters & waitresses started charging us for chips when we asked for like our 8th bowl.)

*We brought lots of junk food to snack on - this is one of my favorite memories of 9th grade actually. Hanging out at Amy South's house was so fun, and there was always Recees peanut butter cups AND pringles.

Although we planned on putting a movie on & playing some games, this is all we did for 4 hours - sat at my kitchen table, looked at old pictures, laughed, and talked about lots of fun memories.
I warned my friends that I was posting on my blog... so hopefully none of them kill me for really doing it. I pulled out some old pictures and we recreated them!

This one in denim was in 9th grade, it's so hilarious! Back row: Amy, Kristin, Me, Cara Front: Lexi, Kami

And 13 years later... all of us together again. I told Lexi & Kami that they had to sit the same way, so they did. I was told to photo-shop some boots on Lexi too but since I already uploaded my pictures, I won't do that to you Lexi!

This next picture is from our Senior year, my sister Suzanne was one of the group. I loved going to MHS at the same time as her. It's been 10 years since this picture, but why did we think it was cool - even back then - to pose like this? I don't know, but I think we were just being dumb!

(Kristin, Me, Suzanne, Lexi, Vanessa, Cara) 10 years later...
And finally - the overalls phase!
Kristin & I had fun sitting backwards in our chairs...
Kristin is due ANY DAY with her 3rd baby! Good luck with everything Kristin!

Vanessa has 3 kids and her birthday is TOMORROW!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY VANESSA!!

Cara lives right by me, I wish I was home more to hang out since we live so close. She has one little boy - he's so cute!

Lexi has 2 cute kids, and is the only one married to the same guy who's in all of the dance pictures we were looking at!

Kami has 3 kids and I still can't get over how hard she made me laugh that night, we need to hang out more!

Amy also has 3 kids and is still just the same as she's always been - so funny! I was so glad she was able to make it at the last minute - it wouldn't have been the same without her.

And finally, Suzanne. She was part of so many good memories, her & I have always been good friends and I'm glad she helped me come up with the "98 was great" saying - so cheesy!

I had the funnest friends in Jr. High & High School. Every single one of them makes getting together fun in a different way.

15 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Haha, I'm still laughing that you guys re-created the Contempo Portraits!

You're so lucky to still stay in touch with all of your friends!

Alisse Baldwin said...

But I just noticed that Lexi & Vanessa are in opposite places in the backwards chair picture!

Suzy Cummard said...

Ahh, how sweet sis.. tear tear..

High school was so fun & so was Friday night. Every single person there made it so much fun. How has that much time flown by? It is CRAZY! AHH the many memories!

I love all of your friends. Obviously I always have! {TAG!!}

Congrats on EVERY person looking better NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

SO fun! I love the 10 year mini-reunion idea. You girls are all so beautiful and look even better 10 years later! So funny that you re-created the old pics. Contempo pictures are classic! It's so fun to see you and Cara every Sunday. I hope you are going to the 10 year reunion in October!!

bettina said...

how fun! Don't you just love good friends!! I'm laughing so hard at the overall pic, we dressed the same for a pic at taylor!! what a cute idea for a party!

Jenny Grover said...

so I hear u are single and I am single so why the crap are we not hanging out? We need to hit up the single's ward together. We can be tall divorced sidekicks together. Don't be shy and come hang out! It's time!!!!!

Abby Runyan said...

What the funnest idea. That is so fun that you guys still keep in contact with eachother. I'm still hoping for the overalls to come back in style. They were the best.

manders said...

that is the most excellent idea i have heard in a long time! you all look like you had a blast. i agree with abby - i'm hoping for an overall comeback as well!

angiedunn said...

that is amazing.

contempo free 8x11 is where it's at dude.

i'm so copying this idea when all my friends decide to live in AZ again!

Cara said...

Thanks again for hosting such a fun night! Can't wait for the next!

Britttany said...

how fun! i can't believe it's been 10 years for you... worse yet my 10 year is next year... tear! i have to agree with who ever said you guys are all beautiful but look even better 10 years later! what a great idea.

Marci McLain said...

That is so fun and cute! It is great that you guys are still close and keep in touch. I wish I could say the same. Although it has been a little longer for me since I graduated!

April said...

Hope all is going well for you. We missed you at the reunion and your Mom gave us your site info.
Bryant and April

sheri said...

This is hilarious! You guys are awesome for doing this! You have always been such a fun person Shalae! It still doesn't get you out of attending our real 10-year reunion. The funniest picture is the 9th grade all denim one because I too have a picture, with random girls I must have been friends with that week, because I wasn't after the picture, but we are all wearing practically the same thing. Gotta love the 90's!

Karen Paul said...

I was going through another friends blog and came upon yours. Those pictures are too funny! Looks like fun, and it was fun to look at your blog and see your beautiful family!
Karen Marshall (Paul)