10.07.2007

It's October!

I can't believe it's already October - and the weather is actually nice now! (In fact last night I was so cold I turned the heater on in my car.)

It was date night for Noah & I last night. We went to a pumpkin patch and it was a lot of fun to see him be so excited about everything. This was the coolest pumpkin patch I've been to. (Mother Nature's Farm on Baseline & Harris)


Noah helped me pick out 3 little pumpkins for a project I had planned for him & I to do together.


There was a little cage full of chicks that you could actually buy. Noah sat down & just watched them until I made him leave since I was so cold! (The picture's a little dark.)

We came home and cuddled on our couch after getting ready for bed, and caught up on some shows I had recorded & not watched yet. (Which is why I called it our 'date night'.) I'm so glad I have Noah to stay up late with me and hang out to keep me company. It's such a blessing for me to have him as my boy.


This is the project we did this morning during General Conference. He was my big helper and I love the way the pumpkins turned out.

I have these pastry stands (click here to see more!) and for every holiday I like to fill them with something festive. There are glass domes that cover the top of each but I'm leaving them off for this fall decoration. Thanks Suzanne for posting the instructions on our website and giving me the idea for this cute Halloween & Thanksgiving decor!

If you would like to make some of your own, click here for Suzanne's instructions! (I used embossing powder on mine since I couldn't find cute colors of fine glitter.)

P.S. Check out our project ideas frequently because we usually post a new one about every 4-6 weeks. (I shouldn't say we - it's usually Suzanne that does it. "Nice work sis"!!)

14 comments:

MichelleY said...

Those pumpkins look so cute and festive - but I don't think I am crafty enough - we'll see. That pumpkin patch always does look so fun driving by - now we'll have to go check it out. By the way, Noah is a very beautiful/handsome little boy (besides my own of couse).

Alisse Baldwin said...

Noah is the best boyfriend! I'm glad he and I got to go on a date with him Friday night. He's a playa! I was cuddling with him in the stands at the drags, too, and he was letting me. I was loving it!

Natalie Hall said...

Ok so how are you related to Martha Stewart? You have such a talent girl. So darn cute.

Noah is just to darn cute! I am so glad you guys had a fun night. Thanks for giving me an idea. I am always in search for something to keep my kids entertained, so we have peace in the home.

Hope you are having a good week so far.

•stephanie• said...

darling! {noah & the pumpkins} rumor has it that you love your new purse. who wouldn't?

chris+amber said...

You & your family always find the cutest craft ideas. I have some pumpkins sitting outside on my front porch. Thanks to you, I know what to do to "cute-ify" (no, that's probably not a word, but whatever!) them now! I love your bangs! Saw pics on Alisse's blog! It suits you!

Auburn said...

DN.. (= DARLING NATION.)

When I have a house someday I want to make some of that style of pumpkins.. Seriously cute.

THANKS Martha for the inspiration, not Suz!

NOAH is the best cuddly boyfriend, but he is such a MAN already.. he tries to act all tuff around the his friends.. esp. his GUY friends!

"Come back and act like a man."

"I wanna go home, I wanna be with you guys"! HA HA

Suzy Cummard said...

OOPS. Now I am trying to think of all the places that I have left my trail....
HMM.......

Annie Randall said...

First...eat up girl. Turning on the heater, you're crazy! Next, I missed the boat on the glitter pumpkin so I will have to read up on the website and do it on my own. Saturday was crazy and what a good idea to multi-task. Noah must have been really good! Anyways, I was going to text you but since you need an instructional on how to reply (haha) I though I'd write this really long comment. Lets do pics of you and Noah. I can do Tuesdays at 1:30 or Mondays at 6:00 pm at the studio.

Britttany said...

sooo cute, i admit that i'm totally going to try making these. fall is my favorite time of the year and i just love decorating for it. thanks for the great tips!... i have to agree with everyone else too, noah is one super cute little boy and you are so lucky to have him.

Selia said...

ok, I admit I was blog surfing and found your blog...I am so impressed! I had no idea that you were so super creative - and starting your own business too! You really are amazing and I love your stuff!

Summer said...

how fun!! we are heading there tomorrow for fhe. I've seen that place for years but never been. So glad to know it's cool!

Sorry we missed your party. I really was coming but Samantha had her baby. I will hopefully be at the next one! :)

The Tyler's said...

That pumpkin patch sounds so fun! We really need to take the kids there. It's right by Noah's parents house.
Thanks for a fun SGIA night. I wore my necklace today. Love it!

Missy said...

Well isn't he the cutest lil' date ever! I love it. And I went and bought a shirt the same color as your shirt you were wearing at the Party...remember the one I said I can't really wear that color...check out my newest post...yah, I still think it is not my color. But it looks awesome on you and your cute stylin hair!

Brittney Smith said...

Shalae, I cant believe you remembered my birthday!! It was so nice to hear from you!! I love this pumpkin patch too, my kids and I went last year, but this year I just picked one up at Walmart. How boring!!