5.14.2007

The best recipe for CHICKEN ENCHILADAS!

At Christmas time, my friend Lexi made the best chicken enchiladas. I never got around to asking her for the recipe until just about a month ago, and I was reminded how much I loved them when I finally made them. So, you should all give this recipe a try - it's sooooooo good.

6 chicken breasts, boiled & shredded (I think that 4-5 pieces would actually be enough - 6 is just what Lexi’s recipe said. But I had a sandwich bag of leftover shredded chicken.)
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 pint sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 small can diced green chilies
1 dozen flour tortillas (small) or 6 flour tortillas (large)
1-2 cups broth from the chicken
(add accordingly to how thick you want your sauce.)
1.5 - 2 cups grated sharp cheese (I liked using lots IN the sauce, and then more on top of the enchiladas at the end)
Directions:
*Boil chicken with a stick of celery, 1/2 onion, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
*Bone chicken when cooked and break or shred into bite size pieces.
*Layout tortillas and fill with a healthy serving of chicken, some sauce and cheese.
*Roll and place in a lightly greased pan, close to each other.
*Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with cheese.
*Cover with foil and bake at 325 until warmed through and cheese is bubbly (this took me about 30 minutes or so).
*Remove foil the last 10 minutes of baking.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds SO good! i love chicken enchiladas! i'll have to try this recipe out some time!

chris+amber said...

YUM! I LOVE chicken enchiladas. It's one of my kids' favorite dishes, so I will be trying these out for sure! I wanna try a different version. Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a great Mother's Day, Shalae!!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Awesome. Another (meaning 4 total now instead of 3) culinary masterpieces I can show off to Scott.

Remember this cute blog? http://www.dustandmaddy.blogspot.com/
Well, anyway, did you ever see her post from last week about things she copied from others' blogs? It included Suz's and SGIA, but she didn't really know who's they came from. Funny huh? Go read the post- you'll see.

angiedunn said...

delish! i should be totally impressive & make myron like his fifth home cooked meal of our entire marriage! lol. but seriously, poor dude! thanks for the recipe!

Skousen Family! said...

ok this sounds so GOOD!

See it Try it Love it said...

Thanks Shalae they sound super yummy.