4.22.2007

A Few Things About Me...

It's late & I work tomorrow, but I took a nap today so this justifies not getting in bed yet (I know I can't fall to sleep easily when I take naps.) Anyway, I saw a cute blog post from someone that I don't even know, and it gave me an idea for a post. She had little tabs you could click on to see her answers. The tabs said: WHAT I'M READING; WHERE I'M GOING; SOMETHING I WANT; SOMETHING I NEED; & SOMETHING I LOVE. I thought that would be fun to copy!

1) What I'm reading - well my first thought was blogs, and I mean everyone's blogs. Blogs of people I don't know - which is how I found this idea. But then I was so proud when I remembered that I really did finish reading a book about one week ago . It was really good and reminded me that I'm not perfect, just like other people aren't, and we need to forgive others' sins as if they are Jesus' sins - if we can't forgive, it's like we are telling Jesus that we can't forgive Him because he has already taken everyone's sins upon him. It is called The Peacegiver.

1) Where I'm going - ONLINE May 1st. That's right, one week!! If you go to our website (click below), you will see our under construction page up for the next week. Until then you can register your name on our mailing list (if you haven't already). We're gonna have special contests & coupons... for people on our mailing list. We (Suzanne & I) have been working for this forEVER so May 1st is gonna be a great day for us!! We're taking a little break from late nights (unless the blogging keep us up - it might!)


3) Something I want - a Yukon for sure, the color is that champagne looking color, and of course nice rims needed. I do need to say that I like the car I have and it fits my needs just fine, especially since I only have 1 kid. But I would be on cloud 9 if this was my car. I know there's people out there that have a lot less than me, so I feel a little bratty - like my car isn't good enough. I really do like my current car, but everyone has a dream car, right?

4) Something I need - to be getting on my treadmill more often. I have been doing really good on my new year's goal, but it's just not cutting it. I have to do more, or more of something else. Everyone knows that I'm not gonna diet - I would get fatter that way from BINGE eating. I binge eat as soon as we break our fast each month. I have to eat everything that had been looking good to me throughout the day, before I eat the meal. (Somebody's obsessed with food.) I think that for me, 27 years old must be the magical number for loosing your metabolism. It stinks! My next little section might explain some of the extra pounds. But I'm not giving it up - I just need to do the treadmill more.


5) Something I love - this picture is great. I love Noah & I love cookie dough. I was really proud of myself last week at Costco when I didn't pick up the cookie dough carton and put it in my cart. It was so tempting though. Noah has learned from me that cookie dough is way better than the cookies it makes. Basically I love all junk food, but especially sweets. One of my favorite desserts is Oregano's pazookie because the cookie part tastes so much like dough. I still love when my mom makes cookie dough, and I get to lick the kitchen-aid mixer thing. The other day I was making something in the kitchen & Noah knew just when I was done - he came in running to ask me if he could have it (the mixer things). I let him take it outside and eat it at his picnic table. He was in heaven.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was blog reading until midnight, and now first thing after the boys get on the bus, what do you think I'm doing? It is a true addiction. I have to wander about the pic of noah eating the cookie dough from the container for breakfast, where's the can of rootbeer?

Alisse Baldwin said...

I am so glad there are some new posts! Noah has OCD with the perfect lines of toys, it's official. And by the way, thank you for being the appropriate sister and not being sucked into the comment war. Yeah- you hear that Auburn and Suz? Shalae has the "favorite sister" label this morning.

Suzy Cummard said...

OH BROTHER! (Alisse's comment)

Shalae- I love this post! I love the honesty... you & your junk food , esp. in the morning kill me.. Noah is following in the foot steps! I loved this post so much, I just might copy it!.. The reading part might be a problem for me ..besides scriptures, it would only be BLOGS. CRAP!!

Suzy Cummard said...

BTW,
Noah does not have OCD. We only joke about that!
HE is just so organized like you. I will never be that good.

Once again, all the sisters are commenting like we live in different states or something. NERDS! Get a life!

chris+amber said...

This is such a cute post! Although, I had to laugh at you because PIGS WILL FLY WHEN YOU GAIN WEIGHT! You're so amazingly skinny! And it just grosses me out even more that you get away with eating cookie dough! The book you mentioned sounds really good. Thanks for the recommendation!

Brooke said...

I gotta say that I think it is perfectly okay to have cookies, or cookie dough , for that matter, for breakfast. It's pretty much got all the same stuff in it as cereal, and it also goes good with milk! Love your blog. Glad you found me. I sometimes feel like I'm spying with this whole blogging thing too. It's good to know I'm not the only one! Can't wait to see your new site! Congrats! Brooke

Brooke said...

I gotta say I don't think there is anything wrong with having cookies, or just the dough, for that matter, for breakfast. It pretty much has the same stuff as cereal, and it goes really good with milk! Glad you found me! Noah is a doll! I sometimes feel a little like a stalker with this whole blogging thing, too! Glad I'm not alone! Can't wait for your web site! Brooke

Brooke said...

As you can see I thought my post didn't post, so I rewrote it! So you get both versions. Keep whichever one you like! ;)

The Tyler's said...

Shalae, that is such a cute post! I'm sure everyone will soon be jumping on the bandwagon. Thanks for the Birthday greeting!

See it Try it Love it said...

Love the post. I will have to do this. Thanks for the idea. Good for you reading such great books. I admit I need to read more "gospel" based books. Also I would love a Yukon, but like you my car will suffice for now. I love it but who doesn't want bigger and better.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Dear favorite sister,

I was cruisin' the blogging world and saw Brooke Brown's. I KNOW you've already seen it, because you've seen them all, but how funny is this? :

"Kids are SO funny!
"Mom, will you have another baby?" "Why?" "Because then Grammy will come, and we can jump rope in the house and have hot choclate for breakfast."