2.04.2008

He's only 3, but...

I haven't posted about my Noah Boy for a while because I started a new blog for all the funny things he says and does. I feel like I'm posting about him everyday, but that's just on my private blog - so let me update this blog with some of the things he's been doing and saying.

I know I'm bragging - but I am so proud of how smart he is! He has 2 scripture books with somwehat long stories about the main stories in the Book of Mormon and the Old Testament. He can pretty much summarize all of the Book of Mormon stories, but there are 3 stories in the Old Testament book that he has memorized word for word. I am the proudest mom and I can tell that it will be easy for him to memorize things. I'm thinking about teaching him the articles of faith! :)

One of my favorite things is clean sheets on my bed. I washed them on Saturday, so I was looking forward to getting in the bed after my shower that night. Noah and I were both nice and clean and he looked so cute with his hair combed and cute jammies on. I wanted to take a picture of how cute he was, and guess what he does for the picture - he puts his fingers up his nose - in my nice clean bed!!

This one's a lot cuter:

Before those pictures were taken, he was so tired and not able to keep his eyes open. I had been brushing his teeth for him since he was too tired to do it himself. When I brushed his tongue, he gagged. I tried waking him up a little by telling him that when he was in my tummy, every time I brushed my teeth I would go "bluuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh" (and I imitated throwing up). He was cracking up and my plan to wake him up worked.Later after he got in bed, he must have been thinking about being in my tummy. He randomly said "When I came out of your tummy I had blood". I said, "yeah". Then he goes "How did I get in your tummy?" I seriously had to think for a minute about what to say. All I could come up with was "Mommy & Daddy wanted to have a baby and name him Noah". That was the worst answer but I was not prepared to have this talk with a 3 year old. I'm sure he is still wondering how he got in there because he's too smart to be satisfied with the answer I gave him. I hope it doesn't come up again for a long time!
It was a classic conversation that I of course added to Noah's blog but I couldn't resist sharing it on this blog too. He's growing up way too fast!

7 comments:

•stephanie• said...

how would a person go about being invited to read noah's oh-so-private blog? you know you can reach me at romneys1[at]cox[dot]net

Amelia Johnson said...

I would also love to be added! We are practically family, aren't we? tylerameliajohnson (at) gmail (dot) com

He is such a stud! So cute!

Suzy Cummard said...

Noah- will you tell me all about the "leahonEE"?
I love how smart you are.. well usually. Some times you are to smart for your brithches.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. He is the cutest boy- I think I would love to hang out with him everyday! I can't wait for Jaxon to say fun cute and hopefully smart things! I think that was a great answer and all a 3 year old needs to know for now! Way to think fast- I would not know what to say!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Remember for next time... "Just like our Moms and Teachers!"

Missy said...

He is adorable...just want to squeeze him in those pics! As soon as you figure out a better answer to that ?...let me know, my oldest is 11 now and I am still struggling with a good answer...AHHHHHHH!!!

Melis said...

Love that you started a blog for Noah! These kids are just too smart for their britches these days & we've got to document it! I'd love to check it out... rmiles21{at}yahoo{dot}com.

And thank you so much for the kind words you left! They are very much appreciated! You know, I was reading your 'Out to Lunch' post & the comments and it really made me feel so good about this blog world (sometimes I get a little addicted which is not always a good thing for me). But I really love how we are able to document our experiences & have our friends there to support us & cheer us on! It's so refreshing to hear love for one another being spread around in such a crazy world! Anyhow, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your love with us!